We are . . .
A community of believers and pre-believers gathered by God through Jesus Christ for worship, nurture, teaching, and learning, equipping, and commissioning persons to ministry.
A people under the authority of God as He reveals Himself through scripture and the leadership of the Holy Spirit.
Convinced that humans were created to live in a vital relationship with God. This relationship characterized by faith, worship, praise and service.
Motivated by the love of God to communicate the gospel to the uncharted (evangelism).
Committed to helping people grow in their understanding of who God is. Then helping them to respond in faith to God’s call in their lives (teaching).
Enthusiastic to help all Christians answer the call of God to participate in ministry of the church (discipleship).
Convinced that the church must address persons as whole beings; therefore, be concerned for their spiritual, social, and physical needs.
Dedicated to strategic church planting as a means of reaching new persons with the gospel.
Steadfast in our belief that each Christian has a spiritual gift (s) given by the Holy Spirit to be used to build God’s church.
Strong in our desire, to serve as regional education center for ministry, for both laypersons and clergy.
Sunday 10:30AM - 12:30PM
Bible study wednesday 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
7/14/19 FCC -Robbed of Virtue-
John 10:9-11 King James Version (KJV)
9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
There are many sins that a person can rebound from quicker than others. However, the devil is aware that some sins have a lingering impact on the individual even after forgiveness. The individual has difficulty forgiving themselves.
Satan knows that when virtue is taking it has successfully disturbed the underpinning of the foundation in which our God establishes Himself as Omnipotent, Omniscient and Omnipresent.
Virtue -moral excellence; goodness; righteousness.
conformity of one's life and conduct to moral and ethical principles; uprightness; rectitude.
one of the three graces: faith, hope, or charity, infused into thehuman intellect and will by a special grace of God.
Thief- a person who steals, especially secretly or without open force; oneguilty of theft or larceny.
Steal- o take (the property of another or others) without permission or right, especially secretly or by force:
15 Thou shalt not steal.
Proverbs 9:17-18 King James Version (KJV)
17 Stolen waters are sweet, and bread eaten in secret is pleasant.
18 But he knoweth not that the dead are there; and that her guests are in the depths of hell.
2 Samuel 13: 1-22 King James Version (KJV)
13 And it came to pass after this, that Absalom the son of David had a fair sister, whose name was Tamar; and Amnon the son of David loved her.
A. When lust is conceived
2 And Amnon was so vexed, that he fell sick for his sister Tamar; for she was a virgin; and Amnon thought it hard for him to do anything to her.
B. The devils emps provide the plan
3 But Amnon had a friend, whose name was Jonadab, the son of Shimeah David's brother: and Jonadab was a very subtil man.
4 And he said unto him, Why art thou, being the king's son, lean from day to day? wilt thou not tell me? And Amnon said unto him, I love Tamar, my brother Absalom's sister.
5 And Jonadab said unto him, Lay thee down on thy bed, and make thyself sick: and when thy father cometh to see thee, say unto him, I pray thee, let my sister Tamar come, and give me meat, and dress the meat in my sight, that I may see it, and eat it at her hand.
C. A lie or some kind of Deception is always involved.
6 So Amnon lay down, and made himself sick: and when the king was come to see him, Amnon said unto the king, I pray thee, let Tamar my sister come, and make me a couple of cakes in my sight, that I may eat at her hand.
D. The undiscerning participate in good faith
7 Then David sent home to Tamar, saying, Go now to thy brother Amnon's house, and dress him meat.
E. The victim trusts
8 So Tamar went to her brother Amnon's house, and he was laid down. And she took flour, and kneaded it, and made cakes in his sight, and did bake the cakes.
9 And she took a pan, and poured them out before him, but he refused to eat. And Amnon said, Have out all men from me. And they went out every man from him.
10 And Amnon said unto Tamar, Bring the meat into the chamber, that I may eat of thine hand. And Tamar took the cakes which she had made and brought them into the chamber to Amnon her brother.
F. Refusal could result in death
11 And when she had brought them unto him to eat, he took hold of her, and said unto her, Come lie with me, my sister.
G. Do not listen to reason
12 And she answered him, Nay, my brother, do not force me; for no such thing ought to be done in Israel: do not thou this folly.
13 And I, whither shall I cause my shame to go? and as for thee, thou shalt be as one of the fools in Israel. Now therefore, I pray thee, speak unto the king; for he will not withhold me from thee.
H. Turn Violent
14 Howbeit he would not hearken unto her voice: but, being stronger than she, forced her, and lay with her.
I. Now he hates that he sin to achieve
15 Then Amnon hated her exceedingly; so that the hatred wherewith he hated her was greater than the love wherewith he had loved her. And Amnon said unto her, Arise, be gone.
16 And she said unto him, There is no cause: this evil in sending me away is greater than the other that thou didst unto me. But he would not hearken unto her.
17 Then he called his servant that ministered unto him, and said, Put now this woman out from me, and bolt the door after her.
18 And she had a garment of divers colours upon her: for with such robes were the king's daughters that were virgins apparelled. Then his servant brought her out and bolted the door after her.
19 And Tamar put ashes on her head, and rent her garment of divers colours that was on her, and laid her hand on her head, and went on crying.
20 And Absalom her brother said unto her, Hath Amnon thy brother been with thee? but hold now thy peace, my sister: he is thy brother; regard not this thing. So Tamar remained desolate in her brother Absalom's house.
21 But when king David heard of all these things, he was very wroth.
22 And Absalom spake unto his brother Amnon neither good nor bad: for Absalom hated Amnon, because he had forced his sister Tamar.
II. Sexual sin is not limited to females. It goes both ways
Proverbs 6:26-28 King James Version (KJV)
26 For by means of a whorish woman a man is brought to a piece of bread: and the adultress will hunt for the precious life.
27 Can a man take fire in his bosom, and his clothes not be burned?
28 Can one go upon hot coals, and his feet not be burned?
III. The reward is death
A life of co-signment – Who do we bid for?
I. Essentially, where were you God when this happened to me.
Statistics – Copy and Paste into link
Log InJoin HuffPost Plus
04/05/2017 12:09 pm ET Updated Apr 06, 2017
30 Alarming Statistics That Show The Reality Of Sexual Violence In America
This is what an epidemic looks like.
By Alanna Vagianos
ZAVE SMITH VIA GETTY IMAGES13: The percentage of female rape survivors who will attempt suicide.
Every 98 seconds someone in the U.S. is sexually assaulted. That means every single day more than 570 people experience sexual violence in this country.
Sexual violence permeates our culture, from violent rape scenes on hit TV shows to sexist dress codes that reinforce rape culture; from famous athletes telling young girls they’re “supposed to be silent,” to near-daily stories of sexual assaults on college campuses; from a former Olympic doctor accused of sexually abusing more than 100 women, to a President of The United States who has been publicly accused of sexually assaulting more than 15 women and was recorded boasting that he grabs women “by the pussy.”
REAL LIFE. REAL NEWS. REAL VOICES.
Help us tell more of the stories that matter from voices that too often remain unheard.
All of these examples create a culture that reinforces the normalization of sexual violence.
Since the first step toward preventing sexual violence is understanding the reality of it, we’ve rounded up 30 statistics that show just how insidious it is for National Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention Month.
Sexual violence is a problem that is deeply rooted in our culture, and these numbers prove that.
1. The estimated number of women who have been victims of rape since 1998. 17,700,000
2. 99 The percentage of perpetrators of sexual violence that will walk free.
3. 13 The percentage of female rape survivors who will attempt suicide.
4. 64 The percentage of trans people who will experience sexual assault in their lifetimes.
5. 127,000,000,000 The total amount of money rape costs victims every year in the U.S., excluding child sexual abuse.
6. 16-19 The age range that women are four times more likely than the general population to be victims of rape, attempted rape or sexual assault. Female college students ages 18-24 are three times more likely than women in the general population to experience sexual violence.
7. 1 in 6The fraction of American women who have survived an attempted or completed rape in their lifetimes.
8. 1.8 The amount of times trans people of color are more likely to experience sexual violence than the general population.
9. 3 The percentage of men who will be raped in their lifetime.
10. 90 The percentage of adult rape victims that are female.
11. 321,500 The average number of victims of rape and sexual assault per year in the U.S.
12. 80,600 The estimated number of inmates who experience sexual violence in prison or jail every year.
13. 60 The percentage of instances of sexual violence experienced by inmates that are perpetrated by jail or prison staff.
14. 2. The number of times a person with a disability is more likely to be a victim of sexual assault or rape than a person without a disability.
15. 100 The percentage of sexual contact between inmates and prison guards that is illegal and, therefore, non-consensual.
16. 241,600 The estimated lifetime income that a survivor of sexual violence who was abused as an adolescent loses.
17. 400-1,500 The amount of money it costs to get a rape kit tested. According to the Violence Against Women Act, a survivor should never have to pay for their own rape kit, but many states have loopholes that force survivors to do just that.
18. 12-34 The age range in which people are most likely to be sexually assaulted.
19. 21 The percentage of trans or gender non-conforming students who report being sexually assaulted while attending college.
20. 46 The percentage of bisexual women who report being raped in their lifetime.
21. 18,900 The number of military service people who experienced unwanted sexual contact in 2014.
22. 1 in 7 The fraction of military service members who experienced an assault at the hands of someone in their chain of command.
23. 2,780,000 The estimated number of men who have experienced an attempted or completed rape since 1998.
24. 5,900 The average number of Native Americans 12 years and older who report being sexually assaulted each year.
25. 94 The percentage of women who experience symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) during the two weeks directly after being raped.
26. 7 in 10 The fraction of rapes committed by someone the victim knows.
27. 57 The percentage of sexual violence perpetrators that are white.
28. 93 The percentage of child sexual abuse perpetrators who know their victim.
29. 2-10 The percentage of false rape reports.
30. 750,000,000,000 The amount of money sexual violence and abuse cost the U.S. in 2008 alone.
Because of the shame associated with sexual sins it often goes un reported.
1. Sexual sins are rampant
2. Everybody has a story.
4. The lady at the well
5. Women, Girls, men and boys
1. Tell some body.
a. People in authority . Preachers, deacons, Sunday school teachers, Politicians, Rich folk and Poor folk
Know that God can deliver from all manner of sin.
You can only be robbed of that which was yours.