We are . . .
A community of believers and pre-believers gathered by God through Jesus Christ for worship, nurture, teaching, and learning, equipping, and commissioning persons to ministry.
A people under the authority of God as He reveals Himself through scripture and the leadership of the Holy Spirit.
Convinced that humans were created to live in a vital relationship with God. This relationship characterized by faith, worship, praise and service.
Motivated by the love of God to communicate the gospel to the uncharted (evangelism).
Committed to helping people grow in their understanding of who God is. Then helping them to respond in faith to God’s call in their lives (teaching).
Enthusiastic to help all Christians answer the call of God to participate in ministry of the church (discipleship).
Convinced that the church must address persons as whole beings; therefore, be concerned for their spiritual, social, and physical needs.
Dedicated to strategic church planting as a means of reaching new persons with the gospel.
Steadfast in our belief that each Christian has a spiritual gift (s) given by the Holy Spirit to be used to build God’s church.
Strong in our desire, to serve as regional education center for ministry, for both laypersons and clergy.
Sunday 10:30AM - 12:30PM
Bible study wednesday 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
8/11/19 FCC ---Get the
cuss out of here----
1. Romans 3:13-14 “Their talk is foul, like the stench from an open grave. Their tongues are filled with lies.” “Snake venom drips from their lips.” “Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness.”
2. James 1:26 If a person thinks that he is religious but can’t control his tongue, he is fooling himself. That person’s religion is worthless.
3. Ephesians 4:29 Don’t use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them.
4. Psalm 39:1 For Jeduthun, the choir director: A psalm of David. I said to myself, “I will watch what I do and not sin in what I say. I will hold my tongue when the ungodly are around me.”
5. Psalm 34:13-14 Then keep your tongue from speaking evil and your lips from telling lies! Turn away from evil and do good. Search for peace, and work to maintain it.
6. Proverbs 21:23 Watch your tongue and keep your mouth shut, and you will stay out of trouble.
7. Matthew 12:35-36 Good people do the good things that are in them. But evil people do the evil things that are in them. “I can guarantee that on judgment day people will have to give an account of every careless word they say.
8. Proverbs 4:24 Remove perverse speech from your mouth; keep devious talk far from your lips.
We must guard our hearts.
9. Matthew 15:18-19 But whatever goes out of the mouth comes from within, and that’s what makes a person unclean. Evil thoughts, murder, adultery, [other] sexual sins, stealing, lying, and cursing come from within.
How can we praise a holy God with our mouth, then use it for profanity and wickedness?
10. James 3:9-11 Sometimes it praises our Lord and Father, and sometimes it curses those who have been made in the image of God. And so blessing and cursing come pouring out of the same mouth. Surely, my brothers and sisters, this is not right! Does a spring of water bubble out with both freshwater and bitter water? Does a fig tree produce olives or a grapevine produce figs? No, and you can’t draw fresh water from a salty spring.
Praying for help with profanity.
11. Psalm 141:1-3 O Lord, I cry out to you, “Come quickly.” Open your ears to me when I cry out to you. Let my prayer be accepted as sweet-smelling incense in your presence. Let the lifting up of my hands in prayer be accepted as an evening sacrifice. O Lord, set a guard at my mouth. Keep watch over the door of my lips.
The things we watch and listen to does indeed trigger bad language. If we are listening to devilish music and watching movies with a lot of profanity we will be wrongly influenced.
12. Ecclesiastes 7:5 It is better to heed the rebuke of a wise person than to listen to the song of fools.
13. Philippians 4:8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable–if anything is excellent or praiseworthy–think about such things.
14. Colossians 3:2 Keep your mind on things above, not on worldly things.
15. Colossians 3:5 So put to death the sinful, earthly things lurking within you. Have nothing to do with sexual immorality, impurity, lust, and evil desires. Don’t be greedy, for a greedy person is an idolater, worshiping the things of this world.
Be careful who you hang around with. If you’re not careful you can pick up on unwholesome speech.
16. Proverbs 6:27 Can a man carry fire next to his chest and his clothes not be burned?
17. Jeremiah 10:2 This is what the LORD says: “Do not learn the ways of the nations or be terrified by signs in the heavens, though the nations are terrified by them.
18. Colossians 1:10 So as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God.
19. Ephesians 4:24 Put on your new nature, created to be like God–truly righteous and holy.
When someone curses at you do not seek revenge.
20. Luke 6:28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.
21. Ephesians 4:26-27 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: Neither give place to the devil.
22. Romans 12:14 Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.
23. Psalm 10:7-8 His mouth is full of curses and deceit and oppression; Under his tongue is mischief and wickedness. He sits in the lurking places of the villages; In the hiding places he kills the innocent; His eyes stealthily watch for the unfortunate.
24. Psalm 36:3 The words of their mouths are wicked and deceitful; they fail to act wisely or do good.
25. Psalm 59:12 Because of the sinful things they say, because of the evil that is on their lips, let them be captured by their pride, their curses, and their lies.